Happy New Year!
This season the NCVS board has decided to take a break from the annual Young Violists Competition and instead present a special San Francisco edition of our popular Violas on a Roll community workshop at Community Music Center (544 Capp St.) on April 10th, 2016.
Exact timing and activities schedule for the day will be confirmed soon, but here are some basics so far:
Spend the day with the NCVS at CMC on April 10, 2016!
*** REGISTER ONLINE HERE ***
(FREE *except for nominal fee required of applicants auditioning for the guest artist master class)
Proposed activities include:
* Violists of all ages and levels of ability are welcome!
* Performance opportunities available for all participants.
* Special guest master class for aspiring young artists GUEST ARTIST TBA (by prior audition, deadline March 1, 2016)
* All-Ages master class (all levels welcome to participate)
* Blues / Improvisation workshop led by Katie Wreede
* End-of-day public concert featuring "Violas on a Roll" for viola ensemble and soloists, composed by Katie Wreede - plus selected participants' solo or viola-ensemble performances
* Viola-for-violinists -- don't play the viola but interested in learning? Come give it a try. Bring your violin-playing friends and invite them to convert for a day!
* Talented young players encouraged to apply for special master class and Concluding Concert performance slots; digital audition instructions and online application materials will be clarified soon.
Tentative April 10, 2016 Schedule
(all details subject to change -- all we promise is the day will be awesome!)
10:00-10:30am CHECK-IN / GROUP WARM-UP / TECHNIQUE CLASS
10:30-12:00pm BLUES WORKSHOP / IMPROV SEMINAR - "Violas on a Roll" rehearsal
12:45-2:00pm AUDITORIUM: ALL-AGES MASTERCLASS
ROOM 9: VIOLA-FOR-VIOLINS SEMINAR
2:00-3:00pm VIOLA ENSEMBLE READING SESSION
3:00-5:00pm GUEST ARTIST MASTERCLASS with DON EHRLICH
5:00-5:45pm POTLUCK DINNER
NEED TO PAY YOUR MASTER CLASS AUDITION FEE? Do it here: